American Military University (AMU) is proud to be the #1 provider of higher education to the U.S. military, based on FY 2017 DoD tuition assistance data, as reported by Military Times, 2018. At AMU, you’ll find instructors who are former leaders in the military, national security, and the public sector who bring their field-tested skills and strategies into the classroom. And we work to keep our curriculum and content relevant to help you stay ahead of industry trends.
Join the 50,000+ U.S. military men and women earning degrees at American Military University.
Select Your Branch
What is a military and veteran friendly university?
As a servicemember, veteran, or a military spouse, you might be looking to complete your education at a university that is military-friendly. But what exactly does that mean? Here it means we understand your unique challenges and have a dedicated staff to support you. It means we offer these military-affiliated student benefits to limit your out-of-pocket costs:
- A tuition grant that currently caps our undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (the military TA cap) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard members, Reservist, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
- Textbooks and/or e-books provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit, with no impact on military TA.
- Technology fees covered by grants for U.S. active-duty military servicemembers, and for Guard and Reserve personnel when using military tuition assistance.
- Accessible online courses with no set login times that let you study whether on a rotating work shift or on deployment.
- Possible credit for military education and training courses including CCAF, JST, DANTES, and ACE-evaluated training.