The online Master of Arts in Security Management offers the security management professional the opportunity to study various aspects of security, from international to informational. Students examine and analyze the principles, theories, and application of security at the graduate level. Graduates of this program typically pursue careers in federal or local government civil service, general public or private management, military service, law enforcement, and private security.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning outcomes objectives, the Masters of Arts in Security Management seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates:
- Recognize and critically analyze the various forms of liability associated with the security management industry.
- Provide cost effective measures for architectural security design for facilities, airport security, and critical infrastructures.
- Integrate and adapt security concepts and services from traditional approaches to address vulnerabilities to new technologies.
- Evaluate the technologies of security systems, information security, and asset protection methodologies, and construct a reasonable view through critical thinking, to draw logical conclusions towards objective perspectives.
- Assess the security function as it pertains to complex specializations in safety, safeguarding sensitive assets, and conducting vulnerability assessments.
- Relate and associate historical, economic, equity and social perspectives of security measures and associate them to contemporary needs of protection and loss prevention.
- Apply the principles of scientific management to security management as a unique discipline.
- Apply the concepts of professional and ethical behavior to security programs and organizations.