The ever-changing healthcare landscape makes advanced nursing practice essential to the promise of safe, patient-centered care. Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), American Military University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree prepares individuals to be effective leaders in the nursing profession and agents of change in the delivery of quality healthcare.
Through AMU's M.S. in Nursing program, you will choose from two tracks:
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Leader
Your MSN studies will conclude with a track-related practicum at a location in your community and an evidence-based practice capstone project.
Get the Most Out of Your Online Learning Experience
- Take classes on topics such as population-based healthcare, research and evidence-based practice, informatics and technology, and health policy
- Use evidence-based nursing research and nursing theory to guide your learning and your professional practice
- Select a practicum site tailored to your area of professional interest
- Design an evidence-based nursing practice project to apply and showcase your acquired learning
- Learn from expert faculty who are active leaders in the nursing field and bring real-world healthcare experience into your online classroom
Advanced practice nurse educators and nurse leaders are helping lead the change to move nursing into the future, while caring for the health of the nation and the world.
Special MSN admissions requirements apply.
NOTE: This Master of Science in Nursing program is currently not open for admission to Tennessee residents or Washington State residents.