This online graduate program is designed to build upon your leadership, critical thinking, communications, and problem-solving skills. The curriculum utilizes a multidisciplinary approach that focuses on healthcare data as the foundation for organizational information and knowledge management systems, and emphasizes health data management, clinical and administrative decision-making, strategic planning, and outcomes management.
This online master's program offers you the opportunity to:
- Better manage health information systems and people, lead change management strategies within your organization.
- Study how the management healthcare data plays an integral role in strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Receive an overview of systems planning, grant and contract development, as well as e-health and electronic medical records.
- Gain a foundational knowledge of IT deployment, adoption, data security, privacy, and information management planning.
- Analyze safety and quality issues as they relate to computerized provider order entries (CPOE) and electronic health records (EHR).
- Gain advanced financial management skills and principles applicable to the healthcare field, with hands-on lab courses focusing on data, statistical and qualitative analysis, and explanatory and predictive modeling.
Through a blend of business and computer expertise, the study of health information management will help you connect healthcare clinicians with leading information technology to help bridge the gap between patients' health information and health insurers, state and federal government, and other regulating agencies.