The online Graduate Certificate in Executive Law Enforcement Leadership is designed to help prepare chiefs of police and other key state law enforcement command personnel for their leadership roles through providing professionally advanced and relevant education. This certificate will enhance the leadership and management skills of the student enrolled in the program through providing advanced information in management and leadership. The student will take six select courses in leadership and management in order to earn a graduate certificate in law enforcement leadership and will serve as a springboard for the student to seek a graduate degree in criminal justice, management or other relevant area of study.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Compare and contrast techniques for structuring and resolving managerial problems in public and private organizations
- Evaluate interpersonal relations, motivation, decision making and group behavior in organizations
- Deconstruct the role and function of leadership in terms of how it impacts individuals, organizations and society
- Synthesis state of the art practices and theories, strategies and techniques relative to the strategic management and planning process
- Examine administrative, issues inherent in both large and small police organizations including administration, organization, leadership, the role of the manager and citizen oversight
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to be able to develop a grant proposal