American Military University's Associate of Arts in Real Estate Studies online degree provides students with a fundamental overview of the business and the skills, experience, education, and licenses that are required in preparation for a variety of industry roles.
The online degree program is ideal for individuals seeking to expand their competencies related to careers as an agent, broker, inspector, appraiser, mortgage or loan officer, property manager, and more. Students are part of an online network of peers who share the same passion for the real estate industry and they learn from experienced instructors, many who are active practitioners in the field.
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Arts in Real Estate Studies will have completed the following objectives:
- Discuss career opportunities that exist in the real estate industry and the personal, educational, experiential, and licensing requirements that pertain to each.
- Identify broad perspectives on the principles, practices, legal and ethical issues that are important to successful practitioners in each type of real estate careers.
- Apply specific skill sets important to each area of real estate practice including financial analysis, property appraisal, internet-based marketing and research, contract negotiation, investment evaluation, personal marketing, time management and organizational skills, etc.
- Examine requirements to qualify for any licensing exams and/or other entry requirements (in the state(s) they plan to practice) pertinent to the area of real state that they identify as of interest.
- Develop clear strategies, goals and objectives, and action plans to launch a successful real estate career upon graduation, discharge, or retirement.