The online Bachelor of Arts in Security Management offers students the opportunity to learn about the principles and theories associated with various types of security, from international security to information security that focus on protection of assets. Graduates of this program are inclined toward professions that involve general public or private management, federal or local government civil service, military service, law enforcement, and private security.
In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Bachelor of Arts in Security Management also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. Graduates in this degree program will be able to:
- Identify organizational security risk exposure; identify cost-effective mitigation strategies; and prepare for recovery strategies.
- Employ the use of risk analysis and vulnerability assessment processes.
- Critically examine the variety and extent of losses from criminal acts, natural disasters, and security breaches facing society.
- Analyze concepts of information security, personnel security, and physical security and determine the planning approaches to prevent business losses.
- Analyze the trends affecting security and loss prevention and determine the approaches to reduce losses facing businesses and institutions.
- Evaluate, from a multi-disciplinary approach, non-traditional approaches to crime prevention.
- Distinguish between traditional criminal justice roles, functions, and concepts as a reactive institution to the security roles as a preventive societal institution.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
- Government Security
- Information Security
- Loss Prevention Management