This online undergraduate certificate was developed for learners seeking additional credentials or knowledge necessary to be effective as a leader within the retail industry. The program was designed in consultation with industry advisory councils to serve learners new to the discipline while also offering additional preparation for professionals and graduates already working in the field.
Classes are taught by experienced instructor-practitioners and American Military University is an educational partner to select Fortune 500 retail firms and government organizations. Many students, alumni, and instructors are actively involved in affiliated organizations such as the National Retail Federation, Society for Human Resource Management, Golden Key International Honour Society, Student Veterans of America, and more.
Through this dynamic program, you'll study the following objectives:
- Explore fundamentals of retail management and effective management skills
- Identify core challenges faced by retail managers in the private and public sector
- Learn key customer relationship functions applied in small and large retail firms
- Examine retail inventory management, competitive dimensions, and productivity metrics
- Identify retail financial management goals and strategies
- Define risk management planning and implementation, and policy and compliance evaluation from the retail manager's perspective