American Military University (AMU) has service members and veterans studying with us around the world, supported by a vast array of staff and faculty who are also veterans. As a result, AMU truly understands the specific needs of our country’s veterans. To support you, we have dedicated advisors skilled at addressing the questions veterans face when enrolling in school, such as how to utilize benefits for financial aid. And, if you are a veteran with a disability, you are not alone. AMU has staff trained at empowering our disabled veteran students to succeed.
As a top veteran-focused online university, our goal is to make your decision to advance your education simple and straightforward by identifying the necessary steps and services available to you along the way. AMU will help you navigate through questions such as: how to enroll, where to find support, and an explanation of veteran's benefits. At any time you can simply request additional information or to speak with a member of our admissions team.
Select Your Branch
What is a military and veteran friendly university?
As a service member, veteran or a military spouse, you might be looking to complete your education at a university that is military friendly. But what exactly does that mean? Here it means we understand your unique challenges and have a dedicated staff to support you. It means we offer these military-affiliated student benefits to limit your out-of-pocket costs:
- A tuition grant which caps our undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (the military TA cap) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
- Textbooks and/or e-books provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit, with no impact on military TA.
- Technology fees covered by grants for U.S. active-duty military service members, and for Guard and Reserve personnel when using military tuition assistance.
- Flexible, online course schedules that let you study whether on a rotating work shift or on deployment.
- Possible credit for military education and training courses including CCAF, JST, DANTES, and ACE-evaluated training.