Join the top five percent of enlisted soldiers who hold a bachelor's degree by pursuing your education at American Military University. AMU's unique array of mission-focused degrees such as Homeland Security, Intelligence, Emergency & Disaster Management, Information Technology, and Transportation and Logistics Management, can be the key to your future. As one of the initial Go ArmyEd.com schools, AMU knows what soldiers need: a high quality, respected degree that fits their demanding schedule.
What is a military and veteran friendly university?
As a service member, veteran or a military spouse, you might be looking to complete your education at a university that is military friendly. But what exactly does that mean? Here it means we understand your unique challenges and have a dedicated staff to support you. It means we offer these military-affiliated student benefits to limit your out-of-pocket costs:
- A tuition grant which caps our undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (the military TA cap) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
- Textbooks and/or e-books provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit, with no impact on military TA.
- Technology fees covered by grants for U.S. active-duty military service members, and for Guard and Reserve personnel when using military tuition assistance.
- Flexible, online course schedules that let you study whether on a rotating work shift or on deployment.
- Possible credit for military education and training courses including CCAF, JST, DANTES, and ACE-evaluated training.