Successful classrooms exist because instructors have clear ideas about the most effective classroom conditions necessary for a healthy and intellectually stimulating learning environment. The Instructional Design and Delivery Certificate program teaches you how to develop curriculum and assessment in adult learning settings.
In this program, you will:
- Study the leading theories and concepts of contemporary curriculum design as advocated by leading scholars and practitioners
- Learn to organize and conduct effective instruction that challenges and involves adult learners
- Discover the differences between teacher-centered and student-centered activities
- Examine unique considerations for adult learners within the online, face-to-face, and hybrid learning contexts
- Study learning methods used by adults in everyday life and the incorporation of such natural methods into a concept of "lifelong learning" for adults
- Examine the theory, concepts, and practices of learning measurement and evaluation in instructional settings
Note: This program is not designed to prepare educators for work in K-12 public school settings and is not a degree program that would lead to state-level teaching certification.