AMU is breaking new ground in education by creating the Doctor of Global Security (DGS) in our flagship School of Security and Global Studies. This program explores the complex global security environment, with a focus on the role actors play in the formulation and implementation of international, bilateral, and state policies and norms and probes practices of global scope and concern. The program also addresses the impact of global security issues on domestic security and foreign policy.
Why Earn your DGS at AMU?
- We offer the only applied doctorate degree in the global security field from a regionally accredited online university.
- You’ll be guided by experienced faculty who hold strong academic and industry credentials.
- Demand is high for strategic leaders in the global security field with 17 federal agencies searching for employees with advanced skills right now.
- Our School of Security & Global Studies alumni include leaders at the Departments of State, Defense, and Homeland Security. Imagine what doors a doctoral degree could open.
- Taught in cohorts to foster a collaborative and supportive professional network in your field.
- Prepares you for an executive leadership, upper-level management, or senior-level government position by equipping you with professional skills and research-based acumen.
- Competitively priced at $50,054, including the cost of course materials. Dissertation credits are $863 per term until complete. Some travel required for annual residencies, including international travel for the year 2 residency.
We are now accepting applications. The application deadline is September 30, 2019. Fill out the form on this page for more information on admission requirements, pricing, courses, etc.