The Master of Education: Educational Leadership program is designed for educators who wish to specialization in K-12 administrator and supervisory functions in public schools. This program provides practical applications, as well as the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to be successful as an educational leader.
In this program, you will:
- Discover how to manage educational programs, personnel, and facilities to create and maintain a positive school environment
- Identify resources for improving internal and external home-school-community relations
- View theories and practices relating to recruitment, selection, retention, and evaluation of personnel
- Acquire strategies for coaching and mentoring teachers
- Study conflict resolution and effective communication skills
- Explore the economics of education including the roles of federal, state, and local governments and agencies in financing public education
- Explore legal, ethical, and political issues governing K-12 education
The K-12 Certification concentration is a West Virginia state-approved program that leads to eligibility for an educational leadership license with principal endorsement. The program is guided by the Praxis II, Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC), the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and the West Virginia Professional Teaching Standards (WVPTS).
Important note: This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure. We strongly encourage you to explore your state-specific requirements prior to applying here in order to make an informed decision. In addition, you may email our coordinator of certification and licensure here at SOE_LicensureCertification@apus.edu.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
- K-12 Non-Certification in Athletic Administration
- K-12 Non-Certification Track
- K-12 Non-Certification Virtual School Track